Are you thinking about purchasing two-way radios to improve communication in your workplace? Before making your decision, consider these five questions to ensure you choose the right equipment for your needs.
1. What is the current communication system in place?
The most common methods of communication in the workplace are landline phones, cellphones, email, and face-to-face, but each comes with their own set of limitations:
- Landlines are stationery, rendering them useless for employees who are on the go.
- Cellphones are typically not very durable (especially in harsh conditions), and signal can be unreliable.
- Emails require typing and response times can be slow.
- Face-to-face communication isn’t always possible, and it can be time consuming to track down the person you need.
In comparison, two-way radios are portable, rugged, and allow for instant communication. If you’re experiencing issues with your current communication system, radios are a great option to consider.
2. Is my competition using two-way radios with success?
Think about your competitors: are they already using two-way radios to improve their productivity or customer experience? If so, you’re at a disadvantage. Many industries rely on two-way radios to communicate quickly and effectively, including public safety, construction, hospitality, events, medical, and more.
3. What are the conditions of the work environment?
Depending on your industry, there may be environmental hazards to consider. Fortunately, many two-way radios are designed for heavy-duty use. For example, if your employees are working outside or in conditions that are wet or dusty, choose a radio with the appropriate IP rating for the work environment.
4. Are there any safety concerns associated with the job?
Many radios have features that help to ensure the user’s safety. For instance, people working in remote locations will benefit from a radio that has an emergency signal to call for help. Public safety employees also need to be able to discreetly call for backup—a major advantage that two-way radios have over other forms of communication.
5. What kind of features do I need in a radio?
Once you’ve decided that two-way radios are an effective communication strategy for your workplace, consider the unique needs of your team. Different industries will have different requirements—retail workers need simple, lightweight communication devices, whereas construction workers will need heavy-duty equipment that can withstand harsh conditions.
Make Your Investment in 2-Way Radios Worthwhile
Investing in two-way radios and their associated accessories can significantly improve efficiency, productivity, and safety in your workplace. By asking yourself these questions, you can ensure that you and your team will get the most out of your purchase.
IMPACT™ is a world leader in the design and manufacture of unique communication products including surveillance earpieces for a range of industries and applications including public safety, security, hospitality, and others. Contact us today to learn more about our product offering!
Like this? You might also like:
- 5 Reasons Businesses Choose 2-Way Radios over Smartphones
- How to Extend the Life of Your 2-Way Radio Battery and Save Money
- Why Buy 2-Way Radio Accessories From a Dealer?
Categories: Learning Centre