Analog two-way radios have been in use since the 1930s, first by government agencies and emergency services, and later adopted by businesses in the manufacturing, security, construction, and hospitality industries. Since then, technology has evolved significantly, bringing new innovations such as the digital two-way radio. If you’re still using analog radios to communicate, check out some of reasons it’s worth upgrading to newer digital models.
The Benefits of Digital Radios
- Improved Audio Quality: One of the most noticeable differences between analog and digital two-way radios is the audio quality. Digital radios cut down on background noise by turning up the human voice and filtering out other sounds, making for much clearer audio.
- Longer Battery Life: When using portable equipment, battery life is crucial. Digital radio batteries last 40% longer on average than those of analog two-way radios.
- Enhanced Privacy Features: Digital radios allow a user to communicate with one, many, or all users on a channel without any privacy concerns. Encryption or privacy codes can be used to ensure that only permitted users can hear transmissions without sacrificing audio quality.
- Better Coverage Area: Analog radios typically have a smaller coverage area than digital radios, and signal worsens with increased distance between users. Digital radios are better able to cut out interference, and signal quality remains clear even on the outer edges of the coverage zone.
- Upgrades Available: Software and technology upgrades are continuously available for digital two-way radios. Other integrated features like email, work order tickets, text messaging, and GPS allow users to accomplish even more on one device.
Endless Possibilities with Digital Radios
Once you’ve made the decision to upgrade from analog to digital, choosing the right accessories for your needs will help you achieve the highest return on investment. Digital radios are successfully used in various industries with different requirements such as noise-cancelling options or covert surveillance kits. It’s always a good idea to explore the accessory options available, from universal 6-bank chargers to speaker microphones.
Impact Radio Accessories is a world leader in the design and manufacture of unique communication products including surveillance earpieces for a range of industries and applications including public safety, security, hospitality, and others. Contact us today to learn more about our product offering!
Like this? You might also like:
- Choosing Accessories for Your Two-Way Radios
- Common Two-Way Radio Problems and How to Fix Them
- Before Buying 2-Way Radios, Ask Yourself These 5 Questions
Categories: Learning Centre